FML Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial

2 posters

Go down

Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Empty Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial

Post by Setanubis Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 am

Alright for this you will need Photoshop (of course), A grunge brush set, (If anyone knows where to get brushes please edit this part for me. I blanked and forgot.) and some fonts which can be found at http://www.dafont.com, and a render. (can be found at http://www.planetrenders.net)

Finished Copy:
Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Step8

Ok lets begin.

First go to File > New, and set your size. I used width: 350 Height: 150
Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Step1

Second, go to Layer > New > Layer and just hit OK. Make two more layers.
So far you should have a plain white background and three blank layers. (The background ALWAYS stays white.)

Next, click on "Layer 1" and go to Edit > Fill, under contents there is a drop down list, choose black and hit OK.

Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Step2

Now click on "Layer 2" and bring out the brushes. (To do so, if they aren't showing, hit F5. If your brushes are greyed out hit B)

If you haven't put your brushes into PS now would be a good time. To do so, Go to My Computer > your C: Drive > Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop > Presets > Brushes and place your grunge brush pack inside. To load the brushes go to your brush palette in PS and click the drop down list, and go to load brushes. Fine the name of your grunge brushes and load them.

OK, Now we make sure we are brushing with the color white, Use the little swap arrows on the bottom of the tool bar on the left to switch between black and white. Use, white, choose a brush and click on your sig somewhere. (you can over brush with this style because we will be going back over it) Choose another brush and click somewhere else. Keep doing that untill you are satisfied with the look.
Heres what I got:
Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Step3

Now go to layer two and do the same thing with black brushes. DO NOT over brush it now, this is just to add more detail to the white brushing.
Heres what I got:
Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Step4

Now go to File > Open and find the render you wish to use. If it has the sign of the person who made the render, just choose the Rectangular tool on the tool bar and select their sign and press delete.

Anyway, size the render for the signature. To do so go to Image > Image size. I usually start with the width being 350. But if you want a certain part shown you might have to play with the size a bit. (NEVER save the new changes to the render or the resolution will get messed up!)

Now, right click on the layer you just put your render on, and click duplicate layer. Hide the duplicated layer by clicking the eye next to the layer. click on the original layer of the render and go to Filter > Blue > Motion blur. Set the angle to 45 and the distance to 50 and click OK
Now, hold alt and drag your render all over the sig, don't worry it will look better next step. Don't freak out, all this dragging will add a new layer each time.

Heres what I got:
Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Step6

Now highlight all of the new layers you just made,(click the first layer with the render hold shift and click all above it accept the first one thats hidden)
Once you are done with that right click any layer and go down to Merge Layers.
After that right click the layer thats left from merging and hit Blending Options. On the first part at the top you will see something that says Blend Mode, Click the drop box next to it and go down to color. Now its not all blurry its pretty! Now un-hide your render.

Heres what I got:
Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Step7

Now time to add some text! Add your name and anything else you think matches the sig. Be careful not to overload the sig with text though. Remember to change the font size, (its at the top middle of PS) After that right click your text layer, go to blending options, and at the bottom left of the box you will see Stroke, click the word not the box. Make the color black and the pixels either 1 or 2. Depending on which you think looks better.
Heres what I got: (i just put my name)
Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Step8

Now make a new layer. Go to Image > Apply Image, and click OK. Make sure you are on the new layer when you do this. then go to Image > Canvas Size on the right of the sizes theres a drop down list, choose pixels and then change both width and height by 2. (if you have 350/150 make it 352/152) and click OK. Right click the layer your on and go to Blending Options, then Down to stroke, and make the color black and hit OK (You dont have to worry about the pixels there because it can only go as far as 2 pixels anyway.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thats pretty much it!! Show me your end results here!
If you need any help at all, feel free to ask!
Setanubis
Setanubis
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial Empty Re: Begginers Grunge Signature Tutorial

Post by Great Kaboo Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Very nice Tut.
/Locking so no one can post on it, all they need to do is read not replly.
Great Kaboo
Great Kaboo
Wings Of Fire
Wings Of Fire

https://psychicgaming.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum